Why has focal raised their prices so much on Sopra line

I was looking at the Sopra 2 ,thinking about buying it ,it is a very good speaker it has not changed 
in 5 years thst I can see ,but the price has increased $4,000. Thst sounds like gouging to me ,
from $15 k to $19 k  if thatis thecase  the Wilson Sophia2 is a better speaker for the same price 
as well as night and day better resale value .
128x128audioman58
A pair of Aria 906 speakers is $1,990 in the U.S., the same as four months ago. A French website just now lists the pair at 790 Euros. That is approximately equivalent to what I paid in a private craigslist transaction for a pristine three-year old pair four months ago.

See if you can find a clean pair of used JM Lab/Focal Mezzo Utopia's.

You'll save a ton of dough and they sound just as good if not better than the Sopra 2's.
acg_ca,
I understand everything that you said, and I'm sure that it's true, but a pair of Monitor 40's that cost less than 7k a dozen years ago are now about 16k. That price went crazy long before covid.

I have both, the Wilson Sophia’s and the Focal Sopra #3’s... there is no way my Sophia’s sound better than the Sopra’s, not even close. The Wilson’s are not as fast, or as detailed, articulate, or as musical. They go a bit lower, but that is it... but this advantage has been taken away by dual subs.

In my experience, the sopras are far better and obviously worth the money.