Why has focal raised their prices so much on Sopra line

I was looking at the Sopra 2 ,thinking about buying it ,it is a very good speaker it has not changed 
in 5 years thst I can see ,but the price has increased $4,000. Thst sounds like gouging to me ,
from $15 k to $19 k  if thatis thecase  the Wilson Sophia2 is a better speaker for the same price 
as well as night and day better resale value .
128x128audioman58

roxy544,278 posts07-14-2021 3:24pm........ Materials don't go up THAT much.

Wow. Have you bought a single thing of any kind this year, lol. The entire world seems to have had supply chain issues, which have resulted in the price of most manufactured goods to skyrocket. Might be worse here in the U.S., not sure. A year ago, a sheet of 1/2" plywood was about $25. A few weeks ago, it seemed to have finally peaked, at about $110. Lumber has done the same. Home appliances are very difficult to get, plumbing fixtures have doubled. Etc, etc.
builder3,
I'm well aware of the current supply chain issues, but that has nothing to do with what has happened to Harbeth prices over the last 12 years. I can't speak for Focal.
They are all gouging when you get to that level of price you can find a much better product for a lot less money on the used or vintage speaker market, no question.
Our area has a real shortage in base paint material. With any luck this will remain so until my wife loses interest in repainting the living room.