LYRA DELOS CARTRIDGE TOO BRIGHT, THIN AND SHRILL SOUNDING

Have had a Lyra Delos Cartridge for the last month and have any of you goners noticed a elevated treble, shrill thin bright sound from this Cartridge? I wish I had my HANA ML back. This Lyra sounds horrible!!!
jeffvegas
@dover  +1, absolutely!  My Delos is an excellent cartridge and I highly regard it as an integral component of my system.  I fully agree, this thread should be deleted altogether.  
I have put a follow up discussion on the Delos. System matching and calibration is extremely important with this cartridge.  delete this thread moderator. 
Set up, set up, set up...

This is where, you say "thank you" to all those who were sharing their experience with you, and trying to help you solve the problem.

Set up, set up, set up...
I'm not sure about deleting the thread. I think there are lotsa lessons in here.

It's clear plenty of posters are familiar with Lyra and immediately knew something was very amiss with the OP's original take -- thus all the mocking and derision and offers to buy the cart "right now."

Thankfully, both for the poster and for Mr. Carr and his excellent designs, doing what we knew was the correct prescription -- i.e. getting the right phono pre and the right set up -- turned that "bright shrill cartridge" into the wonderful devices we Lyra fans know they are.

In any case, it seems all's well that ends well in this particular audio drama.