Sturdy earbuds under $100

Hi, I recently acquired a turntable system (that I haven't set up yet) but I do most of my listening on my computer. I have a few albums in FLAC but my factory Apple earbuds are getting really unreliable (sometimes I can only hear the music through one side, etc.)
I'm currently using a really cheap and not-so-good pair of Sony MDR-EX40LP earbuds that I'd like to stop using asap.
Anyway, I'd like to invest in a pair of decent earbuds. My budget is 100$, but I'd like to keep it well under that if possible. I'm not really careful with my earbuds (drop them sometimes, leave them in my bag under heavy books, get the wires tangled up, etc.) so sturdiness is important. Lastly, they should be at least as good as the Apple earbuds in being "silent" aka the person next to me doesn't hear it.
I mainly listen to pop punk, but also a few indie, folk rock, hardcore, and punk rock bands.

thanks!
toxicwaterfront
Westone UM1 in-ear monitors. The best available in that price range. Best customer service in the world as well. They are one of the very few companies that truly cares about their customers and wants them to be completely satisfied with their product.

If you are listening to a turntable, it indicates that you are not moving around or doing portable listening. Why not invest in a decent set of headphones? Look at the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 if you want a set of headphones that seal well so nobody else can listen to your recordings.

Apple earbuds are rank. I would pay Apple $5 to not include them in the packaging. Just the worst POS ever made.
Grado, $89 new, sound very good. Don't know about indestructability, but you can break anything if you really want to. Midrange is especially excellent, as always with Grado.
I won't comment on any particular brand of ear bud, because I use many different ones. I will say that you can get decent ones for around $50 from places like bestbuy or your area equivalent. What I've been doing is to buy a set that I like and then get the accidental damage warranty on them. This has proven to be a very good way to go, especially for my son. $100 can keep you in buds for a long time, if you exercise any sort of care with them.
Post removed 
Etymotics are the real deal. Not only are they the most accurate earbuds you can buy they are also the toughest. There are kevlar fibers in the wire. You can hang yourself with these earbuds. If you somehow manage to break them the company will sell you a new set for 1/2 price. 
I use ER4 XR's for serious listening and an old set of ER 5's for the gym, lawn mowing and in the shop. They are 10 years old! Etymotics have a 31 dB attenuation rate which makes them quieter than any ear protection you can buy that I know of. 
One word. These earbuds fit into your ear canal with three seals. The seals are very soft rubber but initially they may be sort of annoying. You get use to them over several weeks and eventually you even forget they are there. But, when you hear them it will be a real eye opener. Because they are tuned to operate within the ear canal they are more accurate than any electrostatic headphone out there. Also,they do not weigh your head down like headphones and your ears do not get sweaty.