Speaker placement

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has heard of Bob Robbins speaker placement system and tried it or actually hired Bob himself. I have a difficult room and instead of fumbling around trying different speaker positions with inexperienced listening skills would I be better off hiring Bob? I would also be open to suggestions on speaker placement from everyone here as well. Thanks! 
ronboco
@oldhvymec 

That is exactly what I was originally thinking. Use his listening skills and knowledge to teach me. If my room was more “normal” if you will I would be more confident. I am going to try the advice I’ve received here first and go from there. Bob’s fee varies with the size of the speakers etc. His website is informative. He wanted $750 plus a small drive fee. One thing that is nice is if I don’t hear an improvement I only pay the drive fee. Seems very fair. 
You could buy a framing square, tape measure, and string and hear an improvement for a fraction of the drive fee. Seriously. The setup I described works so well one year at CES the Talon Audio guy spent a couple hours tearing his hair out trying to get the sound he wanted. What's wrong, I asked? It's just not imaging like I know it could. 

The room was one of these cockeyed convention center rooms with walls that move and wind up staggered, a real mess. I said well can we dig up a framing square, tape, and string? We did, and 15 minutes later he was smiling.  

It just ain't that hard. Once you understand what is going on.
I’m now looking forward to trying it myself with all the help I have received here. Thanks again everyone !
Post removed 
@oldhvymec 

That must be a helluva room those speakers went in! 😂😂. I didn’t get to the part about room treatments with Bob. I wanted to get with everyone here first. I’m not sure if he does any measuring or if it’s all by ear.