B&W 805D stands? Experience?

I own the B&W 805D's and currently have them placed on Target Steel Four post stands which are filled with oven dried sand. Four pieces of Blutack is used on each speaker to couple it to the top of the metal stand. I would really like to hear from owners that either have the specified matching B&W stand with them, or that had or tried other stands and moved up to the matching stands. I only purchased the Target stands to save money at time of purchase, as my dealer sold me the Targets at his cost of $203 ($300 retail). I wasn't prepared to spend an additional $700 at the time I purchased my 805D's for the proprietary stands. Please tell me the differences you have heard, if any, between other metal stands and the matching 805D stands. My wife thinks the B&W stands look like "duck feet" but if they are truely worthy of the cost, I will make the change. Please also specify if you have them filled with sand or lead shot also. Any feedback is appreciated.
bavarian05
Sorry, I thought I responded to you already Bavarian05. It is up and running and so sweet and easy to dial in with the new DB1 controls...seemless and non-boxy:O)
I had the 805N's on heavy Japanese stands made for them by TOAC until I found some original B&W stands. They sounded very good with the TOACs, and I liked the way the TOACs looked, with two legs each instead of one, much better, but the original stands with spikes under the speakers made a truly worthwhile sonic improvement, IMHO.
Do you like your 805Ds? Are they nice and transparent and disappear? Thanks. the what-hi review said they were more about energy than refinement and that they needed to be played at high volumes for the best sound.
Hi Rgs92,
I'm very pleased with the 805D's in my current system. They are very resolving, yet they do tend slightly to the relaxed side of the spectrum. For me and the majority of music I favor, this is a positive trait. I would encourage that they be paired with electronics that offer a fair amount of power, are dynamic and highly resolving. (I have used them with a solid state Bryston 4BSST2 amp and am currently running a tube ARC Reference 110). This will very much help with getting the best out of this speaker and create a balanced overall sound. Just for reference, my tastes tend toward jazz, classical and pop. If you primarily listen to house or heavier rock music, it may not be the most suitable choice.
Thank you. Sounds good. Relaxed is good as long as we're not in Harbeth territory (just not enough resolution and character for me as a former owner).