VAC preamps - too expensive?

VAC makes great products so i hear.  The Linestage Master lists for $28k and next one down is Signature, for $22k.  Add $12k for a phonostage.

anybody have experience with these units?

its a marketing strategy.  Yeah the $22k Signature is very nice but for just $6k more u get a much better unit. Might as well get the Master.  Pretty clever.  Oh and they offer a line stage called the Statement for $80k and it comes with chrome and a skylight so u can view whats inside.  The Master has most of what the $80k Statement has (no skylight) so i guess the $28k Master seems a great deal.  Pretty clever.

jumia
@kmmd obviously meant that he runs all digital sources through his VAC. It really wasn’t a confusing comment unless you choose to label it as such.
Ok, thanks.
but remote not doing inputs has gotta be annoying.  
Not many use this in home theatre system my guess.
@jumia, VAC is definitely not for you. The remote doesn’t have an on/off button, doesn’t have a mute on/off button, doesn’t have an input change button or an HT bypass button. That’s up to 4 times you have to get up to change things for HT. Good thing my Apple Watch 6 keeps track of the number of steps and stands I do just to use the VAC. Use of the VAC puts my Hydrow to shame.
I suspect a tiny fraction of a % of VAC's customers use their preamps in a HT setting.  VAC is 2-channel territory all the way.