Jazz Music Question

Hi All,

I have been listening to music for 50 plus years and just don't have the jazz styles and artists locked in my mind like I do for rock.

So, anyway, I acquired Cannonball Adderley's "Somethin Else" and I think that it is fantastic.

What style/genre of jazz is this album?

I want more of the same - what artists or albums might you recommend?

Thanks for listening,

Dsper.

dsper
I agree that is a classic LP.  May I suggest you will also like any/all LP's by Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers.  Solo work by Lee Morgan.  Grant Green's LP Idle Moments.  Just to name a few.  
One more for you.  Sony Music released a CD called Chet Baker & Paul Desmond Together.  Contains the 7 studio tracks they recorded together (56 min).  Beautifully recorded and a real treat for listening.  
dsper -- give Hard Bop a try to find stuff similar to the Cannonball Adderley album..
Definitely hard bop.  I'd say he's most similar to Jackie McLean, Joe Henderson, and Dexter Gordon...and listen to Sonny Rollins too.
Since "Something Else is the Miles Davis Quintet with Cannonball as Leader, at least on paper, you might like"Milestone " or the ever popular " Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis.