Recommendations of best violin recordings performances

I am looking for your recommendations of fantastic Violin performances with superb recording quality.
bwhite
Hard to satisfy both criteria, but for fantastic performances with sound good enough to avoid distraction, I vote for i) one of the later Heifetz recordings of the Tchaikovsky concerto; ii) Oistrakh playing Shostakovich; and iii) Milstein playing the Bach solo partitas and sonatas.
This is a bit more contemporary, but Ithazk Perlman and John William's "Cinema Serenade" is not only a sonic knockout, but a performance one is well. Take notice of "Schindler's List", on the video of this performance, Perlman's Stradivarius is covered in tears. Cheers!
Thanks so much for the response! I've listened to most of the recommendations on Amazon and they're all great!

I am trying to find a "reference" level recording which I can use to test the timbre of my system for strings. Any suggestions in this regard?
Tchaikovsky-Glazunov Violin Concertos, with Maxim Vengerov. Teldec D112008 (Claudio Abbado and the Berlin Philharmonic.)