Distributed Bass Array configuration

Please, I don't want to debate the merits of the DBA nor of those who espouse it. I am considering adding two more subwoofers to a system that has two already. To those who use a DBA,I am interested in how you have configured them, specifically--
  1. Do you run in mono, or do you split the array to run in stereo?
  2. What is your approach to setting phase (delay) among speakers that may be facing different directions and are different distances from the listener?
Thanks!
mike_in_nc
     I completely agree that Duke Lejeune of Audio Kinesis is the most knowledgeable. best and most credible source on these forums about all things concerning 4-sub DBAs. He's always willing to assist and has probably forgotten more about proper 4-sub DBA systems and setup, as well as how bass sound waves behave in domestic sized rooms, than I've ever known. He often chimes in on threads like this but, unfortunately, not this time.   I agree with clio09 that you should call or email Duke at Audio Kinesis for the best advice.  Best wishes and enjoy, you're going to be amazed once your DBA is setup properly.
     Here's a little history on my experiences with the DBA concept for those interested:
      I actually first learned of this exceptionally good bass concept by chance.  Over 10yrs ago, I was just looking for the best way to supplement the bass performance of my combo music and HT system that utilized Magnepans as mains. I had called Audio Kinesis about another matter, talked to Duke's associate, James Romeyn, and we got talking and emailing about my system goals.   He suggested either of their two 4-sub DBA versions (the AK Swarm or Debra) as a very good bass solution for my Magnepans.  
     This was the first time I'd heard about the 4-sub DBA concept and it really piqued my interest. I dove into reading all I could find on-line about the subject, beginning with Earl Geddess's PHD Thesis on the concept, his subsequent White Papers on it, articles on multiple subs by Floyd Toole and Harman's Todd Welti as well as several others.
      At the time, I was planning on buying a pair of high quality subs such as JL Audio, REL or Vandersteen for up to about $6K.  But I decided to give the AK Debra a try instead since this whole scientifically tested and proven concept of the 4-sub DBA made so much logical sense to me, I was very interested and curious about its practical performance, I felt a bit adventurous and wanted to try something new, interesting and nonconventional.  
     Anyway, I was amazed, and still am a decade later, at how well this DBA concept performs in my 23'x16' room.  It took half a day to properly set it up but I didn't care once I heard and felt the results. It performs way beyond my expectations on both music and HT and is definitely the single best upgrade I've ever made to my system during my 50+ yrs in this hobby.   Hyperbole?  Maybe, but this concept is outstanding and I know it will work equally well with any main speakers I care to utilize now or in the future.

Tim  
@noble101--  I am acquainted with Duke through other channels and have had some information from him since posting. I do agree about his extensive knowledge on this topic, through setting up systems in many situations, as well as design work. I have observed Duke help users like me, who are unlikely to be buying a Swarm from him, and I've concluded that he's not just well informed, but one of the real gentlemen in our field.

I also like hearing peoples' experiences in their own systems; yet, it is not always as possible to generalize from them as it is from those of someone who's done the same thing in varied circumstances.
My name has come up a few times in this thread.  I don't really see how to participate without either taking a side in an emotionally-charged "us versus them" thing that I want no part of, or turning into a self-appointed thread nanny.  Until I figure that out, I'll just tip my virtual hat to @mike_in_nc for taking the high road.  

Duke  
distributed multisub system manufacturer since 2006