Has anyone heard the modified TRL/Sony DVP-NS900V

I was viewing a previous thread on this forum regarding the TRL modified Sony DVP-NS900V SACD player, but it is now gone. Has anyone had experience with this Sony SACD player?

hifying
My 8001 is on the way to paul right now. Its my xmas present to myself. I have a question about burn in. I will be running it into an integrated tube amp, do I need to have the amp on to burn the cd player in or just have the interconnects connected? Lithojoe-- do you own the 8001 and do you care to tell me how good it is?
You do NOT need to have the amp on. Just spin a disc on repeat. If the 8001 mod is anything like the 900v, you are looking at a long roller coaster ride before break in is complete. Hang in there, it will be worth the wait. And if you need a PC, pick up one of the discontinued CRL Silvers here on the Gon.

Oz
I picked up a used Sony DVP-NS900V player at a very good price today, ;-}, and am planning to send it to Tube Research Labs for modification.

I currently own a TRL Marantz SA-14 and had a TRL Sony 2000ES previously.

In talking to Paul today he discussed the relative merits of the SA-14 (detail) versus NS900V (analog). So I might end up keeping both and use the appropriate player for the current music/mood.

I have followed some of the discussions about the additional battery power supply modification, last year. So am interested in getting the most recent impressions of those who have now lived with the NS900V + battery modifications. Since I currently have the TRL SA-14 should I bite the bullet and get the complete NS900V modification or live with the basic modification and get the battery modification later, if I find the NS900V preferable to the SA-14?

Also has anyone moved up from the TRL NS900V with battery modifications and if so what new equipment has replaced the TRL unit.

Again I am interested in opinions on what I will gain with the battery modification, above and beyond the basic modifications. Is it 10% better, etc. Also wondering how well the batteries hold up. Will they need to be replaced every few years?

I am also interested in feedback from those who may have tried the Marantz 8001 modification (especially those who have experience with other TRL modifications). Not much discussion about the TRL Marantz 8001 modications on this forum.

My core system currently consists of:
- TRL Marantz SA-14 SACD player
- Aesthetix Calypso preamplifier with NOS Telefunken/Amperex tubes
- a pair of Parasound JC-1 monoblock amplifiers
- Wilson Benesch Discovery loudspeakers

Thanks in advance for your input.

Steve
what does a fancy power cord have anything to do with the sound on a sony 900v with battery? it is the battery that powers the analog. the power cord is only for the cd motor and display. how is a $900 power cord going to make a difference in the sound if this is the case. also would like to hear from clio about his trl sony 900v and his thoughts.