Gents;

I am currently enjoying my re-start of analog and LP’s 

Pro-Ject Classic 
Hana SL
Musical Surroundings Phenomona II+
Anyway, I’m finding That I really enjoy the LP life 
I’ve found a system that is quiet, dynamic and detailed with no real drawbacks 

so, As usual 

If I wanted to take the next step,  in Analog playback , at what level and price should I be looking at 

jeff 

frozentundra
If 10K is reasonable, try a Rega P10 or a Linn LP12 Akurate with a suitable phono stage.  I'd set the floor at something like the Rega Aria Mk3.

But I'd still say just buy and enjoy more records . . . 
I went to the Herron VTPH-2A from that same phono preamp you currently have. The Herron is $2500 and it’s worth far more given its performance. You DO NO need to spend $5k on a phone stage. Go hunt down a Herron and be set for life. We’re in the same boat regarding turntable. I need to upgrade mine too. 
Read about Herron here. This phono stage is dicontinued! No more phono stages from Herron. Probably you are not set for life @paulgardner
From a Pro-Ject Classic a reasonable "next step" could be a Thorens TD1600/01.  The 1600 is 3X the price of a Classic, adds effective sub-chassis isolation, can use your Hana SL nicely. OR you could look into a Well Tempered Amadeus 254 for well under $10K.  Do you have the battery charger power supply for the Phonomena?
I was in the same predicament. I have a Rega P3 and wanted to step up so I went and asked Bob what to do.

Bob at Bob’s Devices is a really great guy and many people think his SUTs are the best way to deal with an MC cartridge. He talked me out of expensive turntables, which he sells, and into one of his SUTs the SKY 20, for medium out put MCs and then said the biggest problem, is that most phono sections are crap.
He told which phono amps he likes, there are only two. And as the one guy did not respond I bought this:

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/elekit/345254-eq1616d-phono-amp.html
Now i can build stuff like this, so I just got the kit from Victor as waiting for Sunvalley to build one might take a while.
I’m pretty sure this the right direction to go. Bob says after I get this working well, the SKY 20 to SV-EQ1616D to my preamp, a better cartridge should be next, then after this is all sorted, he will happily sell me a VPI Prime Scout. ;)