Blown away by a vinyl version of a CD?

Not to beat the same old horse... but I just received a 2 LP "Jazz at the Pawnshop". I don't know how many times I have listened to the CDs of this. Always loved it. But now hearing the vinyl version, I am blown away. Maybe because I've listened and loved the CDs, listening to the vinyl is a cathartic experience. It was intimate on a great FIM (First Impression Music) Gold CD recording. But hearing the individual instruments and the space, and the reality, I was swept away.
mglik
Thanks for the post Chuck.
And for reminding me about Breaking Silence-for sure one of my favs on CD. Acoustic Sounds has it for $35 on 200g vinyl.
I kind of hope for others mentioning similar experiences with other CDs.
I got it when it was released.  
Meh.  
Then again no interest in hearing the CD.
if you think the vinyl version of JATPS is good compared to the CD, you should hear a good 15ips 1/4" master dub tape transfer of it on a high quality master recorder tape deck.

JATPS is an audiophile war horse, and not musically everyone’s cup of tea. those tambourine’s get under people’s skin. but it is a sonic masterpiece. i’ve not played it in my system in ages. maybe it’s time to drag it out and dust it off again.

another great CD that is also even better on record is Rebecca Pidgeon’s "The Raven". it was a long time favorite of mine on CD.....and originally an analog recording, which helps. ’Breaking Silence’ is also an original analog recording.

most times the great Lp versions of popular CD’s are originally analog recordings. digitally sourced LP’s compared to CD’s is a crap shoot. mostly that comes down to the quality of the source gear used. and these days high rez versions in the native resolutions of the digital recordings surpass Lp versions more often. so you can't just say 'digital'.....the results are not that general.
@mikelavigne 
“and these days high rez versions in the native resolutions of the digital recordings surpass Lp versions more often. so you can't just say 'digital'.....the results are not that general.”

True....