How do you know what your weakest link is?

I'm  contemplating what to upgrade and need some advice on what my weakest link is? I'm considering either upgrading my Clearaudio Concept Wood to a Performance DC Wood/Ovation with a Hana ML or upgrading my Musical Surroundings Nova III to a Modwright 9.0. Is my table the weak link or is my phono? What will my best gain come from and what should I expect that gain to manifest as? 
128x128j-wall
OP the truth is few here had heard most of the components in your system….. so belief systems, personal ownership bias, etc kick in. Maybe some science….

My belief system and hearing some of your gear, in myriad combination with other gear would be to isolate the table, especially IF as you say the ML is sacrosanct.

An honest question, how do you know it ( in isolation as a link ) is as good as you say ? Yes, i own one also…on an ancient but formidable TT and certainly an arm w competent bearings, etc…

Room, tell us more about that ? Leapfrog the random wander upgrade crowd by knowing your RT60….and doing something about the issues.

Hope i have helped, enjoy the music, and the journey…

Even my master sensei himself has… a sensei..

i seek to learn
BTW, sorta  iron chef looking at your pile of ingrediants, should sound pretty darn good…..

@tomic601 very small 9 x 13 x 8 ft room. Two diy acoustic panels made from rockwool and burlap. It sure ain't no Gik, but it seems to help. Isolation is a good call. All components are on a solid steel rack. I guess it couldn't hurt to try some isolation devices under some components. I've considered ordering a set of those asc tube traps as well to see how they do.
had a dealer tell me there isn’t going to be a major step forward going from my $1500 Nova III to the Modwright 9.0/x. At double/triple the pricepoint from 9.0/x how can this be? Anyone else please feel free to help educate me."

The tube phono presentation will offer another perspective and the ears will tell you stay or go.

Maybe a decent "budget" tube stage can show you what the fuss is all about-https://www.analogplanet.com/content/hagerman-audios-tubey-quiet-trumpet-mc-phono-preamplifier

Mikey and others here say it’s good.

"very small 9 x 13 x 8 ft room"

near field should be like being between giant headphones with those Sopras. 
Just something else to try. YMMV
http://www.cardas.com/room_setup_calculators.php

Pulling the speakers out more, and even closer together along with your seat I imagine would less room interaction? 
@tablejockey 
I'm almost sitting on them. 46" from front wall and 25" from side walls. Bass is slightly boomy, but bass traps eventually. 

So cost isn't always a factor, and maybe not within someone's "taste", but at this level it isn't indictive of more resolution, depth or space? I figured the midfi is where everyone is fighting over to gain market share and sonics are held over lifestyle brands. I'm off the mark I take it?