Holo Audio May DAC

Just read a very nice review of this in Stereophile this month and after doing some research it looks like this one could be a very nice option for me.  
https://kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

It's made in China I think (or could be Taiwan?, and yes, I am very well aware that these are two very different countries. ;)), and employs a direct to consumer model to keep the price as low as possible.  This does not worry me after purchasing a Jay's Audio transport from Vinshine Audio and having zero issues.  

Just curious if anyone here has heard one or purchased?  I'm very intrigued.  I know the Denafrips Terminator is another highly regarded DAC with a similar ordering model, but costs a couple grand more than this one.  Considering that one as well.

Thanks
128x128snackeyp
I don't think USB cables should be making a difference given the May's implementation unless they are simply out of spec. I use a Supra USB cable without issue. And again, I have not noticed a difference between 3 low-powered (and LPS powered) endpoints.
I realize the Holo May KTE is an R2R DAC and the Chord DAVE is a delta-sigma DAC.  But has any compared the realism, soundstage, and tonality of both units?

Secondly, how does it compare to some of the pricer MSB and dCS offerings?
I don’t think USB cables should be making a difference given the May’s implementation unless they are simply out of spec. I use a Supra USB cable without issue. And again, I have not noticed a difference between 3 low-powered (and LPS powered) endpoints.

They do. I went from a Shunyata Sigma to Omega, and yes there is an improvement. It’s not subtle.
Hi All,

I currently have 2 box setup; Simaudio Moon 390 to power amp. I feed 390 via eithernet connection using Roon to play music files on my PC.

If I go with Holo May DAC, I will need to sell 390 to fund for the DAC and would not have enough fund for a new preamp. So given that constraint, I think I have a couple of options:

1. Connect May directly from PC via USB and use Roon's volume control. Problem here is that my PC is about 20 ft away from where the DAC would be, so will need a long USB cable.

2. Buy Bluesound Node and connect it via eithernet (like the current setup) and connect Node to May via either optical out or USB. Use either Roon or Node volume control. Does anyone know any advantage of using Roon if I have Node?

Overall, which option will yield a better performance?

Thanks!