Music for setting up speakers

Im setting up my 30yr old Martin Logan Sequel II’s. I followed some ML guidelines and it was pretty straight forward. They are 8’ apart and 8’ from me. I towed them in using a flashlight and beam reflection, it was pretty easy, same for the reflection to be sure one isnt tilted forward or backward more than the other.

I’ve been listening to some Tidal tracks and wondering what you listen to to confirm your setup is right for you.

I listened to some solo violin and cello, some folky vocals, some Led Zepp just because :0)

maybe music where instruments are easily located ect

Thanx
kgveteran

To quote Bobby Owsinksi from his book:  The Mastering Engineer's Handbook, 4th Edition:

"The LEDR test is a substitute for about $30,000 to $40,000 worth of test equipment.

Stereophile also has an article about it, written in 1989 (!) by Bob Katz.

Luckily it's 2016 and we don't have to buy expensive CDs anymore, as there is an online version of this test here: http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_ledr.php

If the sound for the up image doesn’t go straight up from your loudspeaker,six feet in the air as you sit there in your position,then you’ve got a problem with your crossover or with reflections above the loudspeaker.

If the sound doesn’t travel from left to right evenly and smoothly with the left-to-right test,then you’ve got problems with objects between your loudspeakers.

And the same with the beyond signal, which is supposed to go from about one foot to the left of the left speaker, gradually over to one foot to the right of the right speaker, which detects reflections from the side wall."

@murphythecat -    

AGAIN: what, exactly, are you measuring; to obtain information, regarding ambience recovery (recorded sound space width, depth and height) and accurate voice placement (whether instrument or vocal)?

What are you using for a source, to produce the signal you're capturing/measuring, with your mic?
" AGAIN: what, exactly, are you measuring; to obtain information, regarding ambience recovery (recorded sound space width, depth and height) and accurate voice placement (whether instrument or vocal)?

What are you using for a source, to produce the signal you’re capturing/measuring, with your mic?"

Yes, Arta software with a cheap measuring mic. Arta have pink/white noise.

Ambience recovery, voice placement and proper soundstage quality is totally related to the speaker-boundaries relationship. ETC measuremets are what is traditionnaly used to understand ETC (rather the rate of decay at different FREQ)

a good room is a room that offer even decay at all frequencies. that can only be acheived (if you want more then a vice-in-head listening position) with treating the early reflections. once the early reflections are treated, moving the right speaker 30 cm here or 30 cm there will not affect ambience, soundstage, ect.

you have to understand that the method proposed by many here, which is to listen to music and place your speakers, can be valid for people who cannot or wont treat their rooms.
Ok boys, back to the original post. What music to you listen to Lol when ur setup is somewhat complete.

What i’d like to read here is what music for what reasons.

example The NottingHillbillies vocals are amazingly recorded, CSNY So Far compilation has great harmonies.

Enya WaterMark has an extremely spacious sound, almost like my HT with all its channels 

Solo piano David Lanz George Winston, i can get a real sense of the room size ect.

have fun with this, dont try so hard to be right, that creates conversations like we have, pure garbage, bored old men trying to see who knows more.

Just The Music, leave ur Ego at the Door please :0)

boys, just list a song, and why you use it, simple :o)

nothing else……..lets see who follows directions.