Streaming Transport without DAC- few choices

I already have a very good DAC. I already have a very good preamp. There seems to be a dearth of streaming transports under $2000 which noes not include a DAC, does not include preamp function or does not include both. 
So tempted to just get a Mac mini and use that as a dedicated transport/server, played through audirvana 

128x128zavato
Sonore opticalRendu or ultraRendu

Lumin U1 Mini — most dealers will discount and bring it under 2k

iFi just released their new ZEN Stream which looks nicely done for $399 .. WiFi & ethernet connections, USB & SPDIF out, and sans DAC to name a few features.

https://ifi-audio.com/products/zen-stream/
If you're interested in Roon, they have a Nucleus which hosts their software and acts as a streamer for $1500.
At one point in time I had a mac mini with audirvana feeding a Berkeley alpha usb which was feeding a Berkeley alpha dac. Out of boredom I purchased a Raspberry PI and installed Roppieexl to try streaming. I then compared the direct Mac connection with the Mac streaming to the Raspberry pi connected to the Berkely. I found minimal sound differences between the two setups.
op

you mean a streamer, or a transport?

you said 'transport' in your title, that means something that will spin a cd and read the bits on it...