Naim introduce a turntable - the Solstice Special Edition

After decades of rumors, Naim have introduced a turntable: the Solstice.

Built by Clearaudio to Naim specifications, a complete system is $20k. Includes a new Aro Mk2 arm, a Naim cartridge, power supply, and phono stage. Limited edition of 500 units.

More information here: https://www.naimaudio.com/solstice

Thoughts?  I'm frankly surprised it's not much more expensive.  
naimfan
Exactly! what the artist actually created, when it gets messed up during reproduction, is what we are talking about. You do not hear it, thats awesome. I also would like to be in your position.

It is not about what I "think" I hear. I know what I hear and I spot it without analyzing much. Whether I can express it well, is a different matter but I honestly try not to mince words. 

You don't like this mumbo jumbo? I get it. 
Btw, when you put on a Michael Jackson record on a $15k TT and don't feel like dancing to the rhythm, there is something wrong. Is it wow, flutter, da da da da, I don't know. But It happens very often in high end audio.

Thats why most audio demonstrations in shows happen on simple vocal based music, with couple of instruments in the background. 
@pani,

"Thats why most audio demonstrations in shows happen on simple vocal based music, with couple of instruments in the background."

When I went to an early presentation of the Naim Ovator s600s that's exactly the kind of music they were displaying.

Of course they would probably cite many reasons for that, high quality recordings / lack of compression etc.

Unfortunately 95% of my collection isn't like that. A good tip is to take your own music with you as most folks will oblige you. 

The only problem is if you notice the room quickly beginning to empty.

On the other hand, at the last show I attended (2019) they were quite happy to play the entire side 2 of Abbey Road.

Most of the listeners remained seated if I remember correctly.

Here's hoping it's back on later this year.
+1 mijostyn - Thank you for speaking out against all the mumbo-jumbo spouted by the "golden ears" crowd! "Pacing" and "timing" indeed! 
The ARO was certainly an ergonomic challenge. But my real objection was that it sounded awful - thin, lightweight, no bass.

"Thats not my experience.
I own several arms including Aro/Dynavector/FR64S plus many others.
In a direct comparison using the same cartridge on both the Aro & Dynavector there was no lack of bass from the Aro. Dynavector was tighter in the bass, but the Aro went as low and remained tuneful ( good timing ).

I would be looking elsewhere in your system for the thin sound. What I do know of the Aro ( I've owned it for over 20 years ) is that I beleive it has a narrow operating range with regard to compliance & tracking weight. High compliant cartridges and very low compliant cartridges with long cantilevers tend to be less compatible with the Aro."

I agree 100% with what Dover is saying above.  I have compared the Linn Ekos with my original Naim Aro with the same wood bodied Benz on my LP12 and far preferred the Aro.  The Aro certainly was not lacking in the bass.  The Aro presents music in a very natural, organic way.  Nothing sticks out or sounds out of proportion... it's very evenly balanced.  It captures the dynamics, the full beautiful tone, and the timing of the music and presents it all in a very believable way.

The Aro has stayed with me for well over 20 years while the EKOS was sold off long ago.  The Aro is a match made in heaven with my LP12 and my Benz Ruby S-Class Zebra wood moving coil cartridge.

I realize everyone has the capacity to "hear" things differently and have their own sonic preferences.  But to "my" ears the Aro presents music in a natural and organic way in a manner that I hear when I perform in live acoustic events with my cello in classical settings and my trombone in jazz venues.

Best wishes to all,
Don