Compatibility of Cary SLI-100 with ProAc? Magnepan?

Looking at the SLI-100 or the SLI-80. I have ProAc 2.5s and would like to get some Maggies. 

My Music Reference and ProAcs do not sound good together IMO. There is a peak in the highs, maybe combining two pieces with emphasized high end?

Anybody experienced the SLI-100 with either ProAcs (any model) or Maggies?

Thanks
Jim

river251
JasonBourne, according to the specs, the SLI-100 output impedance is not on Cary's site. I wonder if what you describe happens with an SLI-100 paired with ProAcs? 
jjss49, why do you think the Cary and ProAc 2.5 are not to the task? What would you like to see in this pairing?

@river251

i am not positive, as i have not tried them personally for some time, but in my recollection the cary pp amps have a softness and opacity of sound that would not mate well with the proac’s response series, whose strength is wonderful imaging and clarity, while maintaining midrange textures and a modicum of warmth

this new sli-100 using kt150’s might be worth a try

top proac’s love tubes, especially the modern audio research sound -- very slight roll off up top, speed and texture throughout the range, and bass control - cary’s traditionally have been more muddled and too rolled off, too mushy in the bass... maybe kt150’s address that...
@river251   I think it's doubtful that you'll find your ideal amp that will drive Proac and Magnepan equally well.

If you're keeping the Response 2.5's that's one thing, if you're changing over to Maggies that's entirely different.

For many years, I drove Response 2.5's with a Cary SET 300B 12-watt amp.  The results were delightful.  This was when Dennis Had was still with the company, and when they were still using real 300Bs.  The combo had his blessing, and it showed.