Blindfold Speaker testing

So if we made a  experiment where a  group of seasoned audiophiles had to choose  which speaker is best over all, 
6 brands all hidden behinda  curtain.
5 top dawgs in the xover box low sens design and 1 of the high sens PS design. How do you think the results will come out?
But we will not tell the group what speakers are behind the curtains, They will have no idea 1 of the speakers is Point Source. 
How do you think the, or lets say which 1 speaker do you think would come out on top?
No lets do this, Lets give the  group a  list of 5 speaker brands, Walsh, Wilson, Tannoy, and 2 others which are very popular, like Joseph with the Seas. 
and 1 more,
The mystery speaker is not listed, so they have no idea what speaker it is.
The ? speaker is the high sens Point Source.
Now Richard Gray hosts this *guess which speaker event* as he is a  master of these types of gimmicks and  has seasoned audiophiles fooled every single time.
Which speaker do you think will make top of the list in results??
I know.
The Mystery Speaker.
Then Richard pulls the curtain and reveals the winner.
 SURPRISEE
Got ya
The Hifi Guy

mozartfan
They are posturing as members of the rich and famous.
Kinda sums up the whole thing. Coveting others.

Look 
 High quality midrange has been around since the 1929  Field Coil, Colortura made in the USA, Chicago. 
I've not heard such pure midrange in any modern speaker.
Sure not all FC's  post this 1929 were as pure in midrange, 
All I am saying is  high quality midrange started as a  Field Coil and  now its  going full circle back to Field Coils. Back to where it all  began. 
In 20 years every speaker will be FC;s, 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrqv5nOjLuw

music piece etc. that it is difficult to tell the difference.

Oh for sure, Some  retailers have the sound room so perfectly set up, you'd buy a  set of Bose.
Test cds make a  huge impression on the unsuspecting, room treatment, thick carpet, 
Its a  trap. 
It took sometime to get a  understanding in these cheap full range, At the 1st I loved brand X,,,well then onto to brand Y,,hummm, Y was superior, last I added a  david Louis, 4 inch, blew away the other 3 full range.
Now  I can hear the DL is OK, not worth any more than the $200 I paid, = You get what you pay for.
But surely these DL 4;s offer a (much) better sound stage than your average xover box thing. 
There is something about these full range technology which require no xover, that allows more of the music to pass effortlessly through the speaker.
xover things can not compete. 
I am quite sure the David Louis higher end speakers are even better, But I'm not interested in 2nd rate any longer. I am going for  The ~~top dawgs~
At this point , why settle for less?
Cost me about $500-$600  in the FR testing experiement.
With that completed, now i am fully convinced high sens/full range is the only speaker for my music. 
Will they beat out the Seas Excel in the bass? 
Can't say. 
Or the Magnoxov horn in the highs?

We have to keep experiementing til we find the ideal equation.
And we share our findings here. 
If there was a dome tweeter that made mids like the 1929 Colortura, I;'d have it in my system. 
Only a  high sens can reproduce these fine mids. 
Post removed