If you own quality monitor speakers you want to read this new review

Today, my review on the NSMT 20M Armada speaker was just posted on Stereo Times. It will give you all the details regarding way this two piece (Monitor mounted on a band-pass active sub-woofer pedestal) is a superlative full range speaker.

However, if you love your monitor speakers you owe to yourself to read the details that explain the difference between adding a pair of sub-woofers vs. a pair of band-pass sub-woofers, because their effect will transform your monitors seamlessly into a full range system. Not just bass extension, but because of how a band-pass active sub-woofer fills in the power range (lower mid-range/upper bass) and also pressurizes your room so all the ambient cues that create, both power deep accurate bass and a vast panoramic layered sound-stage. I ran a detailed extensive process involving over ten monitor speakers with a pair of excellent sub-woofers compared to the MSNT band-pass sub-woofer pedestals, and every time the sonic "magic" took place that was quite different then using a pair of sub-woofers. If you own Harbeth or other highly regarded British monitors you will be amazed what will take place in your listening room. There is also a detailed explanation that lays out the difference between an active band-pass design and a normal sub-woofer.   Terry London/Teajay
amorstereo
Then again may be just better speaker positions than sub positions in the room.
Hey fuzztone,

Ran that experiment, monitors mounted on the NSMT platforms and placing the monitors on their own stands and placing the band-pass subwoofers where I normally have my sub-woofers placed, and the significant improvements still were apparent. Don't know if you read the review, but my process of evaluating the effects were extensive to come to my conclusions.
When I decide something is my favorite, I am always prepared to discuss why I am right. But, I prefer it if nobody tries to engage and point out anything other than how right I am....