Vandersteen 2CE Vs. Von Schweikert VR-2100

I had previously posted a thread looking for $1000 or under speakers to pair with Sunfire 300x2 amp, Sunfire Theatre Grand II pre, with high qualty interconnects and speaker wire. Great posts, thanks. This is for a smaller room in an apartment and two channel only. Anyone have direct experience with these two? I can get the Vandersteens cheaper (due to pickup vs. shipping) and am unfamiliar with either speaker. I am also considering something from Ohm Walsh but not seeing anything for sale of interest. I listen to mostly jam band (dead, phish, sci, wsp) and alternative/rock stuff. Mostly good to great quality recordings. I need full sound with solid bass, not really cranking it up. Thanks.
walstib
My first choice would be the Vandersteen. I've tried many different brands, and for me, they are the best. The VS's are excellent as well. I think they are both very good choices. You will probably find that the Vandersteen is a more detailed and revealing speaker. The balance is excellent, though. I find them to be the most neutral and transparent speakers I've heard. The VS is different. They're a little more forgiving, but excellent as well. Before you commit to anything, I would strongly urge you to demo the speakers if you can. I haven't heard the Ohm so I can't comment on it.
Thanks Zd542. I found a nearby pair of Vandy 2CE Sigs, so hopefully I will be able to listen. From the great support from fellow agoners I am comfortable with that choice.
I'd be sure to listen to Vandys with rock. I think that this description from another forum captures Vandy 2CEs well (I have only head them briefly in less than ideal settings):

"Vandy's are the epitome of "laid back." I've found through the years that few brands foster as much dissention as Vandersteen. They are a true "love-it" or "hate-it" proposition. I fall into the latter, but Richard's fans are legion and swear by them so he must be doing something right. The bottom line is you're going to have to listen to them and decide for yourself. Personally, I would think the rolled off extremes of the 2ce would soften the impact of good rock music, but at least it won't be fatiguing."

If possible give a listen with that in mind. May not pair particularly well with your musical tastes.
If you play your music loud do not buy Vandersteens. They will not hold up.