APL NWO2.5 ?

Though I'm not able to hear this player, I'm about to take the plunge......
Is it as good as some audiophiles claim ?
peterb
Guido, usually shielded power cords in combination with power conditioners or re-generators work very well with units utilizing switching power supplies.

Your X-01 Ltd has a dual R-Core linear power supply which, in my experience, works best without any power conditioning or re-generators (the X-01 and UX-1 have a built in EMI filter) and the use of un-shielded and, preferably, un-twisted power cords made of pure Silver.

As far as the Shunyata PC goes, may be Earflappin can give his summary since he has been using these extensively.

Hey, when are you going to visit? Any time soon? :-)

Regards,
Alex
Alex,

Can you give a few examples of good sounding powercords that use pure silver, unsheilded, and non-twisted?

Thanks!
Alex, your explanation corroborates my empirical findings. I found the Shunyata Anaconda Helix Alpha much preferable to my ears to its shielded VX sibling on X-01. See:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1146623467&openusid&zzGuidocorona&4&5#Guidocorona
Still no silver though. . . and complexly braided to boot.

I did try to fly to the Bay area all of last year, but all opps fizzled. Closest I will get in the next month will be L.A. . . . but I am working on some new opportunities that may bring me to the SF area before long. Stay tuned Alex! G.
The NWO is just AMAZING in the quality of musicality, along with more definition, of detail I have ever heard from a digital player. I am smiling, happy, and even content. This has been a LONG journey, searching for the finest in musical reproduction....I have found it.