Anyone have this problem?

Hello all.....I just recently purchased a new McIntosh MX 123. Looks and sounds great. I am having an issue though. While watching tv through the processor, when I change channels it drops the audio. I have to switch inputs and then switch back to get the audio back. This cannot be normal, or perhaps McIntosh assumed it would not be used to channel surf. Any experience or comments? 
    Regards,
            Steven
moag
Have you tried switching hdmi cables?  I know it sounds dumb and “digital is digital” but just today was trying everything to get a Nintendo switch console working and finally went from the cheap hdmi cable (which I know does work) to an older but very expensive at the time Monster cable and boom, problem solved. 
esthlos13....I switched HDMI cables, I switched the cable boxes, I tried a different HDMI input, but the problem persisted.
I am having the exact same problem guys, has anyone figured this out? For me it works better when I’m using Apple TV as opposed to my Sony television.
Hey OP,
I'm wondering if you are using a Sony TV?  I'm not familiar with your Mac, but remember reading about people having issues between Sony TVs and Oppo players.  It might be a setting with your TV.