Build a wooden crate or use a cardboard box for Amplifier.

We are moving and I have two amplifiers that do not have boxes. My concern of course would be damaging the amps during the move. I am probably going to be storing them for a couple of months. The amplifiers are Krell KSA 200s and a KSA 300s. Does anyone have experience in building a crate that they good lend some guidance ?
I have a full wood shop and are pretty capable.
Or would I be better off with cardboard boxes reinforced.
Any Help is gladly appreciated. 
Thank You.
curlyhifi
For shipping my typical rule is crate over about 100lbs. Other than that double cardboard is fine if you don't use a gorilla carrier. Some hi-fi manufactures have gone to triple cardboard. Those Krell's are heavy, but if your using a moving company, my opinion is you don't need to crate.
You can also use expanding packs. Get a heavy double or triple thick cardboard box with at least 2-3 inches all the way around. Make it if need be. Just cut down from a HEAVY Refer box or something like that.

Use reinforced fiberglass tape to hold it together.

Put heavy styrofoam blocks in place to center the amps in the box. Tape them in place.

Get  heavy plastic bags and bag the amp. Set your expanding packs in place. Place the amp on the taped styrofoam and set off the bottom foam bags.

Set the top bags, set them off, close the box, but don't tape it.

Inspect your work after they set up and see if they need trimming or an XTRA bag or two

https://www.uline.com/BL_7708/Instapak-Quick-Room-Temperature?pricode=WB140&AdKeyword=expanding%...

If you really want to go nuts build a 1.5 - 2 x 4" external frame with screws and glue. Remember don't glue what you're gonna take apart to get the cardboard box out of the wooden crate (has open slats).

I did the exact same thing BUT the inner box was lined with heavy felt and it was made of 1/4" ply wood and held together with leather belt straps..

I used that set up for 10 year traveling. Everything fit and was strapped to a dolly. A pair of MC30s and a C20, and all my needed STUFF. I NEVER broke a glass in all that time.. I worked on sea going tugs and mobile drilling platforms. It got rough out there sometime, pulling some nitwit off the rocks or foul weather hit...

Remember the Santa Barbra and  Exxon Valdez, I was there for both cleanups, what a MESS..

Regards
I double-cardboard boxed my PrimaLuna integrated using using plenty of foam and bubble wrap. It successfully made it across the seas by freighter with all tubes plugged in and intact.