APL NWO2.5 ?

Though I'm not able to hear this player, I'm about to take the plunge......
Is it as good as some audiophiles claim ?
peterb
The best way to know which one is better,If you have a chance,bring them home, and connect them with your system,
some players they perform poorly in my system, some they perform well in my system,CONSIDER THE SERVICE ALSO.THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.DISREGARD BIAS OPINION.IF YOU WILL SEARCH THIS SITE.YOU WILL FIND OUT MOST OF THE POSTERS SOMETIMES CANT SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT THEIR FRIENDS PRODUCT.BEWARE.
Hello Guido, the NWO-1 was entirely single ended design with 10 DACs per channel and single ended output stage. The NWO-2 is all balanced with 10 x fully differential DAC design which equals 20 DACs per channel (10 + 10 in differential mode). The tube stage was also re-designed to differential mode featuring new output transformers. The NWO-2.5 has the same differential topology as NWO-2 but it comes re-designed DAC boards, re-designed Master Clock and additional PCB which allows for much purer digital signal path. Conversion of DSD to PCM is changed from the original 88.2K to 176.4K. Since the AKM DACs are capable of 216K input sample rate, all NWO players up-convert all formats to 211K.

Regards,
Alex
Well, I finally got to hear the NWO-2.5 tonight. My review of the player? ___________________(insert expletive here) unbelievable!

Alex said he had reached a point with the player where he was now unable to analyze or dissect the sound. We also found it impossible to do so. Everything we heard sounded like music, plain and simple.

During a piece by Rachmaninov, Alex asked if I heard the triangle struck in the background, and then muted by a hand. "Yes, I heard it," I said, "and saw it, too." If you can get one, do it. That's all I can say.
I do want to mention that I'm glad that Alex is going to redesign his site. I was thinking that people could help him in this area. His Forums are good, though. For those with less cash(who are reading this), his Denon 3910(my version) is unbelievable!