Need opinions on ceiling reflections

All,I have a soffit that is running length-wise on the LEFT side of the ceiling (picture in my system). The ceiling is 8' and the soffit part drops down about 1'. The speakers and sound panels are positioned with a precision of 1/8th of an inch and it sounds amazing - especially on the RIGHT side. The music appears to come from way back and way outside the RIGHT speaker and you can actually "look" that images of various instruments playing in those empty spaces. But I have a heard time "seeing" those images on the LEFT side speaker. I have a feeling that this issue happens because the reflection point on the left side ceiling is a foot lower than the one on the right side ceiling. I was planning of getting some acoustic foam and attach it to the ceiling using T-pins (since it is a textured ceiling and foam tapes will not work). I assumed that this will absorb the reflections and could work on restoring the proper timing/clarity on left side.

Could you guys weigh in and let me know your thoughts? Please feel free to let me know if I am off and the issue is completely different.
128x128milpai
@mijostyn I should clarify. I, me, would not use foam -- I am talking about the cheap stuff, not the OC 703 etc. 

For reference, one might scan for the word "foam" here: https://ethanwiner.com/acoustics.html
Diffusion and absorbtion, isn't that what we're after? I've been interested in BAD (binary amplitude diffusors) panels for a bit of both for my room. 

There are some gurus at it in the forum, judging from many system pages I've seen.

All those who take the time to post your system pages, more often than not, you are inspirational to me. 👍
Nice system and room setup.

I used 3 GIK panels on the ceiling.  They were purchased some time ago.  See them here.  The two outer panels are 100% absorption for 1st reflection points. The center panel has absorption/diffusion.  They are suspended using eye hooks and wire.  They were recommended by GIK.  You may ask them for a solution.

You could make the soffit symmetrical down the center of the room, but that is a lot work.
@bigby Thanks. I did take a look at you room. You have amazing room treatments and that room looks pretty nice and big. Those ceiling treatments probably do wonders. But I am looking at something simpler. I also use GIK throughout my room. But I don't think they would sell a single panel. Nevertheless, let me reach out to them with my requirements.