Audio Engineering Society and cables

128x128thyname
Well… there is a lot of historical precedence on this phenomenon. Example: how many years (centuries?) did it take to prove earth is not flat? Or that sun does not orbit earth but the other way around? I can name many examples.

nonoise7,190 posts06-16-2021 6:40pmSame old, same old. It's like they're all singing from the same hymnal.
Goes to show that indoctrination is a thing.
"Cable haters will remain haters. No matter what. It does not matter what kind of proof is shown."

Yup. The Song Remains The Same.
Here is a theory on the cables and the cable haters, just a theory, no blind tests or measurements to show 😉:

These “contrarians” who poo-poo the efficacy of expensive cables often appear in many other forums, threads, audio groups,  questioning the merits of ALL expensive audio products. They are either disgruntled with their lot in life (e.g. a spouse who wears the proverbial pants, a wallet that squeaks so loud they hate to open it, etc.) or their skills of self-persuasion require constant exercising with selfish expectations of indulgence on our part.  

Not having a fact-based opinion because it's foreclosed by those circumstances, however, doesn't prevent them from expressing their frustration-based comments.

It's not about whether they can or cannot afford to pay more.

Hobbyists who operate within a prescribed budget are quite content with value-based high performance systems and work diligently to accomplish that end. They bear no grudge against those who chose to spend more. These folks… not so much. Kinda “why build a better house for myself, rather burn down my neighbor’s house” mentality 

Don’t be surprised. Millions of people still believe that. Not as radical as the QAnon theories, but still. Google “flat earth society”.