New Joseph Audio Pulsar Graphene 2

Just wanted to update my prior thread where this topic may have gotten lost.  As many of you may know by now, Joseph Audio has come out with the new Pulsar Graphene 2. This new iteration of the venerable Pulsars has a graphene coated magnesium midrange-woofer cone, and the drive motor, suspension system, etc., have been revamped. From what I have been told, the upgrade is pretty significant ... the sound is fuller and has greater ease, yet is very resolved. Jeff Joseph advises that an upgrade path will be available for existing owners of the Pulsars, too. Also, note that the price quoted in the Soundstage piece was in Canadian dollars ... Jeff informs me that the price in USD is $8,999 per pair. I am eager to hear the new Pulsars.
rlb61

just bought a pr of the Pulsar Gs. awaiting arrival. Am looking forward to seeing them run in and what can he done to optimize them.
Question to folks with experience listening to JA (or owners): did you ever have the chance to compare them to Klipsch Heritage, like Forte IV or Cornwall IV? If yes could you describe your experience?
I own the Pulsar 2G and have had major issues with low bass and standing waves, until I rotated my room around so that the Pulsars fire down the long wall, problem solved. I’ve had quite a few emotional listening sessions since, amazing holographic imaging! However, on the journey, I stumbled upon Decware Zen 2w amp, and I was very intrigued, so I’ve been thinking about going down the high sensitivity speaker way, but where I live the selection is limited to Klipsch. I’ve been testing a pair of Forte IV, but not quite convinced:-) They do have a bigger sound and go lower in the bass, but there’s no holographic feeling. 
They do have a bigger sound and go lower in the bass, but there’s no holographic feeling.
Bingo!  Totally different sound/experience and journey.  I’d try something like a Raven or other tube amp with the Pulsars as a potential best of both worlds compromise.  But I’m a huge JA fan so maybe I’m not the best person to make alternative suggestions.  Best of luck with this. 

Using my Pulsar 2's with a Pass XA25.  In my medium sized room sound is wonderful.  Sound Anchor stands help as well.

I think a Luxman might work well also.

Higher power tubes should work as well.

Have no intention of swapping out the JA's.
This new iteration of the venerable Pulsars has a graphene coated magnesium midrange-woofer cone, and the drive motor, suspension system, etc., have been revamped. From what I have been told, the upgrade is pretty significant ... the sound is fuller and has greater e

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AS i've mentioned often here, I have the Thors MTM which has the W18E001, The Original Pulsars I believe has the EX001. 
This new Seas Graphene EX001 has  a  superior cone material and a  titanium voice coil. IMHO its the worlds finest midwoofer made. Although Scan speak has some incredible/phenomenol midwoofers at $1000 each = $2G's/pair.
Madisound   should be stocking the Graphene  from what they told me some weeks ago, $500  each and well worth the cash, based on how wonderful the E001;'s sound.
Thing is the JA's use the Millennium tweeter. The db is too low for my taste.
I am nota  fan of any dome tweets. 
For all range mids i use a FR. But will hang on to the W18E001's for bass, up to 1200hz.
I don't want to take away from JA's fine product, but here you can easily do a  DIY with the same Graphene , with the W22 at near same price as the W18Graphene. 
How does the W22Grap compare with Scan's massive midwoofers..I have no idea.
I am a Seas fan, so I'd go Seas over Scan. Scan no doubt will go deeper,almost like a  sub sound, but thats not what I want.. I think the GrapW22 is more a  *musical bass* vs Scan's.= More softer, but rich and full for sure.
JA employing the Graph is a huge bonus over the EX001, 
And anyone with a  original EX001 can very easily swap out for the Graph. 
Last note, if you are going Graph, I highly recommend going with Mundorf SESGO caps only in the woofer. If you can not afford those go Silver Supreme. 8, 10, or 12 uf as prefence. 
This will really *Hot Rod* your Graphene for max performance. 
Graphene worlds finest midwoofer made today.