Subwoofer Decisions - REL/Rythmik, Pair/Single, Paper/Aluminum Driver, etc.

I have decided to upgrade my subwoofers. I have a 15x12 room with an open side wall that I use for 2 channel and HT. Two channel music performance is the priority. We don’t listen to either very loud or need the room to shake. I am considering the REL S/510 and the Rythmik F12, F12G, FM8, L22 and E22. I have an all Linn vintage system. My speakers are Aktiv by installing special crossover cards in the 5 channel Class V amp. It outputs to the speakers in a bi-wire configuration. If I used a high level speaker connection I guess I would have to tie into the speaker wires connected to the Bass/Mid card.

Any thoughts on Rythmik v REL? You seem to get a lot more for your money with Rythmik and they also offer more options - finish, sizes, configurations, etc. Supporting a Texas based business is also nice. Do they offer equal or better quality and performance? There seem to be many fans that think so.

Any thoughts on Rythmik’s paper v aluminum drivers? The owner says that the aluminum driver retains its shape faster and is more detailed. He recommended the aluminum in my system over the paper even for 2 channel. The paper is lighter and has better extension above 80Hz. I’ve also heard that it is better at low volumes because it easier to move. My current subs have paper drivers and paper seems to be greatly preferred in the audiophile community.

Any thoughts on pair v single sub in my size room? One 10 or 12 is probably enough to pressurize the room but will a pair of dual 8 or 12’s make everything easier and better? Is there a point where they will overwhelm the room?

Things are pretty tight in my room so the smaller footprint of the vertically stacked FM8 and L22/E22 are appealing. Also stacked drivers look badass right? The FM8 with its dual 8 inch drivers will probably be faster than the larger 10 and 12 models. It also appears to go plenty low enough to keep up for basic HT needs. The L22/E22 have a smaller footprint than the single driver F12 but I’m concerned that those might be overkill.

High level speaker connection? REL recommends it. Rythmik offers it but recommends using other methods. Anyone know if using it with a Class V amp and tying it only to the bass/mid speaker output will perform well? I’m not sure how REL implements its filters to make this work. Is the high level connection really better in performance?

Thanks for the help.
128x128snatex
I have a pair of REL S/812. Took me about a month to dial them in but they are good enough that I’m thinking of building up a stack. However, I worry about the difficulty in dialing in 2 more subs. My room is asymmetric so my settings for each sub is a little different. 
Hmm, just noted the earlier thoughts about the L22/E22.  When I bought my pair of F18's, I had started by considering a set of 2 L22's (the E22 was not available at the time and they didn't mention it to me) since it fit my physical constraints for WAF, but since I was going for audiophile results they told me the L22's weren't a great choice and I eventually ended up with the F18's.  If the E22's had been available I'd almost certainly have bought those, so would be curious how they work out for you.
Shortly after I bought the E22’s the REL T9x’s came out. Since both REL and Rythmik offer generous trial periods I decided to buy both so I could be sure I made the right decision and had no doubts about my decision. I hooked both up in similar ways - LFE + high level with the REL’s and LFE + Line in (from line out in each mono amp) with the E22’s. The E22’s have more options to get them perfectly blended with my speakers and my room. In addition to the typical crossover and volume settings there are EQ options to address room modes, damping options, variable phase control, high pass filters, and more. Using UMIK and REW, I was able to see exactly how all of these options impacted the frequency response in my room. The E22’s being sealed with direct servo technology were tighter and faster than the REL with its passive radiator. They also seem to be a much better value too. The E22's are slightly less than the T9x and offer similar specs to the much more expensive 212/sx. In the end, I definitely preferred the E22’s and happily kept them over the REL's.
@snatex I made exactly this decision recently and went with F12SE Rythmiks for the reasons you mentioned -- ability to dial them in to a pretty tricky room. I got a pair. Trying them out. Have an older REL which I love, too, but didn’t want to buy a new matching pair. I will do measurements, soon, and really appreciate the ability to adjust a number of various factors on the Rythmik. I did a little listening last night without doing much more than playing with some dials and they sounded great. I put my REL at a distance and ran it, too. I think something nice is happening with all 3 subs and I may not sell the REL after all.

There is so much to love about both companies and products that there's really no shade to throw toward either. Both are excellent options and since I use REW/Umik, too, I wanted a subwoofer with variability I could both hear and measure. 
It's refreshing seeing other members using REW/Umik to see exactly what's going on in their environment. I have Rythmik E15HP2 subs.

I just don't understand how some guys just plunk their subs in any location, use bass heavy music, and adjust the volume according to a hand full of songs - except when a heavier bass song gets played, they adjust the volume again. Seems like a waste of money to me.

As an example, without using measurements, they have no idea if there's a bass hump, and by turning down the volume on the sub to address an issue like that, they lose out on the other bass frequencies because they've just made them inaudible. Forget about trying to achieve a flat bass response without using measurements - the advantage is you get to hear all bass frequencies.