Hearing aids for audiophiles.

I’ve chosen to walk away from the sirens, horns, gunshots heading both directions, and all the damage it’s done (doing) to my hearing.  Through the miracle of hearing aids I’d like to bring back my hearing as close as possible to my youth mostly for the purposes of accurate and full tonal musical listening, and then, of course, to hear the voices of my loved ones better.  To those of you who’ve gone down this road, what are recommended brands and non-recommended brands, as well as any pitfalls to be aware of?  Costs and sizes are factors also.  Thanks,
Bob
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xanotherbob
Although quite expensive, my Widex aids have been a life changer. Strongly recommended.
Widex Moment hearing aids worked for me. Very expensive but its like I upgraded my speakers. I was missing upper mids and high frequencies.

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/two-months-widexs-moment-440-mric-r-d-hearing-aids

If you really want good quality sound then I would do a modern version of what Bob Fosgate (I think it was) did with headphones back in the 80's. Modernizing it for today, get some high quality IEM, omnidirectional microphone, and an amp with EQ or at least tone controls. Today this can all be the size of a pack of cigarettes, at the most, and probably a lot smaller. 

Won't be much bigger or more obvious - or expensive - than some of the quality hearing aids I have seen, but the sound quality will be off the charts better. Another plus, you will look like a hip dude into music and not just another old fogey with hearing aids.