Stylus Cleaning Rituals

Did a search on the subject, nothing found.
So, please, briefly describe your Stylist / Needle Cleaning Rituals.
How often (in hours played?)
Procedure used.
Products used.

For me over the years (~45 and counting) I use Disc Doctor Stylus Cleaner on a Disc Doctor 'Pad' and pull it across the diamond outward (only one direction).  As it 'sees' the record when playing. 
I follow up with two 'placements' on a Zerodust Onzow 'gel type convex pad'  I clean it ~6 months with hot water, there is spots of gunk on the clear gel pad!
About once every 5-6 hours of play.

Seems to be doing the trick, but you never know if your are missing something critical or doing untold damage.

Thanks!
quincy
After every side, using discwasher stylus brush, and when needed discwasher stylus fluid. The aforementioned products are the original versions. Sometimes I’ll use my vibrating stylus cleaner and fluid for stubborn gunk. Otherwise a few swipes with dry discwasher stylus brush. I always inspect stylus using a 10× Russian made jewelers Loupe.
There are different methods on mounting styluses now. Many still use the old technique of pressing the stylus through a hole in the end of the cantilever. It is harder to hurt this kind of mount. Unfortunately, with many of the modern materials used for cantilevers you can't mount the stylus this way and you have to resort to mounting the stylus in a notch at the end of the cantilever with glue. Any glue can be weakened buy the right solvent. 
For just dust a dry artist brush works great and it is very hard to damage the cantilever with one although I am sure millercarbon will find a way. 
For more stubborn deposits a very weak solution (20%) of isopropyl alcohol is distilled water will work fine. NEVER use denatured alcohol in any concentration as it will melt epoxy. Lyra makes a great stylus cleaning solution (I was given a bottle) but it is silly money. 
bluetak.
brush like artist brush.. dirt sometime micro hairs move above the stylus... 

once a while 30 percent alcohol solution if accidently goop up

most importantly a clean vinyl and carbon brush 

always work under a bright light so visibility is good
I hope this helps the OP question.

Step 1.)  I clean the stylus with the stylus cleaning brush that came with my Lyra cartridge.  I also have a Discwasher Stylus Cleaning Brush since 1975 but it's fairly large and the Lyra is nice and small.  They both provide the same results though, so as long as you get a brush that is specific for stylus cleaning you can't go wrong.  Follow the directions that come with the brush.  These are stiff bristle brushes and are very different from a brush for use with a cleaning agent.  That said, I use the brush after every 2 sides of record play.  

Step 2.)  After every 6 to 8 sides played I use the Lyra SPT Stylus Cleaner.  A bottle comes with a very soft cleaning brush and that is what I use.  Though it is expensive ($60), it will last about 5 to 8 years, depending on how many records you play per week.  I play about 12 to 15 records per week and my bottle of Lyra SPT is about 25% used in about 1 3/4 years of use.

Following such a cleaning regimen is like keeping your tires balanced and rotated.  You will get the most life from them by doing so.  As well, you will get the most life out of your stylus by keeping it clean.  Record care/cleaning is another topic, but you asked about stylus cleaning so I remained specific to that.  I hope this helps you.
problem with Lyra solution and stuff like that it have too much sticky surfactant it can goop up dust if there is too much residue. and the dirt and residue slowly worked up the cantilever over time. and can even make the washi paper more dirty. 

thus use some distilled water after is even better

and yes this is tried on Lyra. in fact now  use 30% pure alcohol with distilled water only. it's better. instant clarity