Good Budget CD and integrated????

Hi Everyone. I have recetly saved a friend from buying a bose stereo and he is now looking for a budget integrated amp and a cd player. He will be using them to power Paradigm studio bookshelves. A Small active sub will also be added to round out the bottom end. Mostly classical music.
Any good ideas?
Budget is around $1000-1500us and new or used does not matter. Due to his price range, I would like to get used gear for the best "bag for his buck".

I think, for new stuff, we will start looking at cambridge audio....I am not really sure, and hence I put the Question to you.
Cheers
S
superfly676
Jungson has some good gear and it is not as expensive as the average gear at it's quality point. There's alot of inexpensive chinese gear that is a great value for the dollar.Jungson stuff is becoming more well known as their amps are spectacular and their Source components are nice too. You should hear their high end cables. Mind blowing for what they cost!! Excellent product from wall to speakers. They maker nice speakers too.
Try shopping around for a used Plinius 8200 Integrated... You may be able to find a MK. 1 for around $1000 which leaves $500 for a used Rega Planet 2000...
Second the Plinius. I have a Plinius 8100 and am very, very happy with it. Built like a tank and sounds awesome. It is being fed by an EAD CD-1000 mkIII. This combination cost me less than $1300 used.
Hi All
We went out looking and heard a few different pieces. At first, my buddy was reluctant to buy anything used. That lasted until he heard a Roksan Caspian MKII that should be out of the budget, but used would be do-able. We have been able to hear the Cambridge audio line up and they are nice, but lack a bit of the warmth, detail and weight of the roksan. We are still looking around to hear second hand gear at this point. Hopefully we can find some decent stuff to listen to.
Thanks!
S
We also had a chance to hear the NAD 320bee and the 352. They were both unimpressive, but I think that is due to the speakers we heard them on. Sonus Faber tiny bookshelves...can't remember which ones, in a loud room.....not exactly the ideal listening test! I think we will try them again in better circumstances if possible.