Bin dug noisy records. Does it diminish your enjoyment?

I have some original pressed (or at least very old) LPs bought used at Half price books, and record stores, and not at Collector prices, as such there is on some a bit of popping and noise, and one or two that were just trash.
So I ask, when you pick up a $5 ish record that plays with some well earned noise but is playable, does that take away from your enjoyment knowing it is and old war horse?
rick458
Post removed 
Does it bother me? A little but it is soon replaced with the memories and time in my life it takes me back to. Music or individual songs for me at times can be a great escape from current life back to a time when I did not have a care in the world. Hearing pops and cracks in records can have that same time machine effect, almost therapeutic.I have bought some used lp’s knowing they were in bad shape but was happy that the one or two songs I wanted were playable. Never pass a garage sale or resale shop with out looking. My holy grail search is for Pete Townsand secreat policeman's ball.
I have a local shop that has a whole section of $1 records.  Most are apparently in pretty bad shape, but there are those that are dirty and have only superficial scratches.

If I don't already have the record and it looks like it might clean up OK, I'll take a chance on them.  I have a DIY record vaccuum that i use for cleaning records that does an excellent job of getting grit out of the grooves, and a second turntable to try them out on. 

I also sometimes buy them if the covers are nice and one of my albums has a damaged cover.

I usually get a fair amount of keepers, and those that aren't I just donate back to the record store.  They're really nice guys with reasonable prices, so I try to do what I can to support them.

That being said, I can tolerate some surface noise.  If I like the album that much I'll search out a better copy.
Rarely will I purchase used records these days.  It would have to be something special.  Worse than trying to listen through the pops, ticks, and surface noise, is me sitting there wondering what this LP is doing to my stylus!