Cardas Speaker placement..

Once again I'm playing around with speaker placement.After reading some from the cardas site I fiqure I would try this method.After putting my dimension's in the calculator it says 4' from the sitde walls.I went with this but the final set up looks rediculous".The speakers look smashed together.does this seem right in a 14.5' room or did I do something wrong..?My room is 14.5' x 22' x7'.The reason for the change in placement is the bass is never right to me..I tried other speakers in this room with the same results..Thanks
spaz
I like the Wilson method of voicing the room. Start with you back to the side wall and speak as you walk step by step away from the wall. You will hear you voice change as it changes it's interaction with the wall. So the same with the back wall. Place your speaker there. Then make adjustments based on what you hear from your listeninhg position.
parallelAll systems are starting points only. I have used the Cardas and then moved the speakers closer to the side walls. My GamuTs come with a formula that is complex enough for an advanced math class; I can't get them as far apart an they want in my room anyway. My room is 13'x35'x7' so I understand your problem; I would move them in at least 2' from the sidewall and possibly place sound treatment at first reflection point. Actually, I would treat the room no matter where I put the speakers.
Thanks for the response everyone.I guess it's a give and take with this whole thing.I move them out and the imaging and soundstage is great but the bass goes away..But even when I put the speakers close to the back wall the bass is just not right.I tried every possible listening position as well.The only spot the bass is right to me is if I stand behind the speaker plane.
are those some type of bass traps in the corner?

if not you may want to try some.

You probably already know this but fwiw...
I agree with Phil; I use 6" corner traps and 2 4' x2' x4" panels lying against the wall and the increase is bass very noticeable. See my system which is listed under my threads.