Upscale Audio and Primaluna

spoke to aggresive salesperson who pushed prima luna integrated amps and other primaluna gear.

this was after i called to buy another component.  Anyone know about primaluna stuff.

all this guy did was tear into my system saying how deficient it is and that i should buy primaluna.

jumia
@upscaleaudio    

We agree with quite a lot you wrote.
it’s a business.   I sold stereos for two years, and ours was commission to a % of the sale.    Being a salesman is not that easy, as it’s not so much making the sale, it’s being in the right place at the right time, most stereo/component buyers are already determined to buy when they get in their car and drive to a audio shoppe.

In the audio only shoppe it’s a %85-90 purchase ratio, compared to the stereo shoppe I worked at in the early 90’s, which was located in a local large shopping mall, where dads, kids, and so on, are just wasting time browsing while waiting for their wife to finish shopping, not really interested in a pair of speakers, or anything component wise.  

I get your point of view, and you have said a lot of good things, and honest things, much appreciated @upscaleaudio
I’ve been a customer of Kevin’s since 2001. In all that time, NOT ONCE has he misled me, been rude, or steered me in the wrong direction. Back in the day, Kevin was just starting up and used to answer the phone himself ... we would speak a good deal about my system, audio in general, and music. Kevin is a very smart, eclectic guy.  There were times when I was ready to buy something and he told me I didn’t need it for my system, so he passed on a sale to do what was right for his customer. Kevin always has taken the time to listen to me and, yes, has always given me a "smokin’ deal." Last month, I bought a BAT preamp and tubes from him, and I am thrilled with them. Although Kevin wasn’t around when I made the purchase, his salesperson was first rate and was a pleasure to do business with. In addition, I had emailed Kevin about the preamp and he responded promptly, courteously, and informatively. In all, my experiences with Upscale over 20 years have been extremely positive and I would not hesitate to buy from them again.
Ya man!  I just bought another BAT amp from Upscale too.  As usual, Kevin took very good care of me.  I have bought numerous products from Upscale.  Everyone at Upscale Audio has been courteous and helpful.  And especially Kevin, who has steered me right for years.  
I auditioned my last two pairs of speakers driven by a PL 40 watt EL34 based integrated amp and they sounded great together.   They are decent amps regardless of country of origin.   

For me Quicksilver represents the best value in tube amps.   But I am biased....pun intended