Schiit customer service seems poor

So they offer no speaking humans.  I sent a question and they responded with a request for more info, and then they never responded after being provided info.

are these schiit staff or outsourced tech call centers??
jumia
Soooo Schiit is having inventory issues.  It is frustrating but not their fault. I had an issue with trying to buy a loki + which serms impossible; shame.  They refunded my money promptly (which apparently they never took, which caused some confusion on my end because I thought it was pulled and wasn’t).  They’ve also answered my questions online honestly and promptly.
Don't know what devils wear so I'll leave that to you; and it doesn't take being clever, just a decent memory of emergingsoul's posts on Schitt's communications, order, Freya HT bypass - or not, volume.
Hi, jumia,
Schiit does claim that...
All of our preamps offer true home theater bypass. Just plug in your processor’s front channels to any input, select Passive mode, and turn the volume all the way up. Presto! 1:1 home theater bypass, with only a relay in the signal path.
From: https://www.schiit.com/guides/choosing-amps-preamps

Unfortunately HT bypass isn’t fully understood by everyone so the nuance of their claim is lost. And it would be a good idea if Schiit was more clear about NOT using bypass mode unless you always remember to attenuate the volume before switching inputs. Sort of a buyer beware statement. But Schiit’s claim is correct.

I use a Schiit Freya S preamp in passive mode as an HT input source but I’ve added another preamp in the signal path from the HT setup that outputs just the right signal strength so the volume control on my Freya S is at the same setting as my other source inputs. I don’t have to worry about the HT input anymore.
Tom
@jumia 

You just have to use electronic equipment with a smidge of common sense. You sound like the reason we have the warning about not using the hair dryer in the bath tub.

Oz