Garth Powell on Why Audioquest does not make AC Regenerators

Interesting interview from a couple weeks ago with Garth Powell of Audioquest who seriously decries the use of AC regenerators with a detailed argument. I’m not qualified to affirm or rebut that argument, but since people debate "conditioners vs. regenerators" here, I’m passing it along for your inspection.

https://youtu.be/bXRehON7SlM

Notice that he doesn't mention ps audio and that ps audio defends its regenerators (as exempt from Garth's critique) in the comments. Not sure how many other regenerators out there beyond ps audio. 
128x128hilde45
Audioguy85, I have a Furman UPS and I have to say they build fine equipment.

@mitch2, I think the vast majority of people would do just fine without anything. The money would be better spent on upgrading speakers and amplifiers or getting subwoofers. If you really want to enter a whole new world of high fidelity get a DEQX HDP-5 and a Dayton OmniMic. Last night I was demonstrating my system to my son in law. I was demonstrating what the TacT does (besides burning up loudspeakers) and I flipped it to bypass. I had not done this since I finished getting everything tuned up. The difference was so shocking I thought something was wrong. I started checking everything, It couldn't sound that bad? Flipped correction back in, wonderful. I had been listening to it over a month for hours at a time, for days at a time and had gotten so use to the Sound Labs performing at their best I had totally forgotten what the system sounded like in the beginning. The immediate switch was a real jolt. I am not prone to superlatives. When I hear them I immediately think the person is full of it. Maybe I am but, this was something else. 
Post removed 
At 5:something, when he covers his mouth is the best part of the video. Blathering, opinionated idiot. AC regenerator Ir not? Not the point here. 
kingbarbuda,
Can you describe the differences in sound quality between the AQ Niagara 5000 and PSA Power Plant 20?  On the video, Garth mainly talks about the superior power delivery from AQ vs AC regenerator.  But Mike Fremer a few months ago in Stereophile described the gross distortion from his power switch for his house generator.  His AQ Niagara 7000 did little to restore his pure sound, but the PSA Power Plants 20 and 15 did. This implies that for serious wall distortion, AC regeneration is superior.  My priority is not macro power delivery--I want clarity by minimizing low level micro distortion from RFI noise.  Paul McGowan and many users have noted wall AC distortion at 3% or more, which is reduced to 0.1% by the PSA regenerators.  Perhaps Fremer was dealing with very high 10% distortion.  If listeners are in a suburban/rural area, maybe they have very low distortion, so the AC regenerator might do little.
Both products (Niagara and Line/Power regenerator) have their place within the Audiophile community. I have spent time with both offerings.
Each are excellent in a special way. Prospective buyers must audition these products for best outcome. Garth and Paul, respectively, have different disciplines. Trust your own ears.

Happy Listening!