Supratek Owners Thread

Greetings All - 
It appears that the 26-million-plus view, multi-decade "Preamp Deal of the Century" Supratek thread has been removed. I'm not sure why, but suppose there must be a reasonable explanation.
In any case, on that thread I recently asked whether there might be interest in a "Supratek owners thread" and received some interest. 
The purpose of this thread is for Supratek owners to share the details of their system, ask questions, share information about any tube-rolling they have done, and so forth.
I'll kick us off here with a few details about my system -
ancient Linn LP12 with Ittok arm, Dynavector 17D3 cartridge into Cortese LCR phono stage
Power amp is a fully serviced Innersound Electrostatic amplifier
Quad ESL63 speakers (not USA monitors) or JBL 4430 studio monitors
Digital sources are immature and evolving - ancient Fostex CR300 cd player/burner
DacMagic 100 DAC
Nordost Blue Heaven 75ohm interconnect
Due to the fairly long lengths of speaker wire required in the new listening room, speaker wire is Belden 12 gauge wire designed for low-voltage outdoor lighting systems. 
Next steps - dedicated circuit, new power cords, new interconnects, new wires.
128x128markusthenaimnut
On the Cab Dual Mick recommended to stay away from the mesh plate tubes, was it the current draw?
I have used meshplates in  my 300B single Cabernet for years with no problems.
Sure you can use these, I was just talking about Micks recommendations, specifically not using a tube using more than 1.5A of heater current
I have the Cabernet for a about two months. I posted earlier that my preamp get a hum when you come closer to the power supply but Mick said it is due to power supply being over engineered. Now the hum has seeped into the speakers and Mick says he received bad transformers and will send a new power supply when he can. He has not sent me the Psvane treasure tubes he promised me as he sent me some Russian tubes with the preamp. He is a one man show so I guess give him some time to correct all these issues but I am wondering for how long. At least he answers every email I sent him.
@gryphongryph  the umbilical is made with solid core wire and thus the stiffness. There is a stateside cable company that makes aftermarket umbilical's for the suprateks,... can't exactly remember the name. Audio Revelation maybe..   In this case the hum is going to be related to either the PS transformer  or the umbilical connection...  I'm pretty sure same for @couger4u     def try adjusting the position if the umbilical a little if the hum reappears,..  I'm of the opinion there is some intermittent / light connection issue in the interface.   I helped another owner with exact same issues and a new umbilical cleaned it right up.   @couger4u   read my earlier post to Gryph about how to temp. adjust/tighten the connectors..   very well may help your issue a bit.   @jtgofish and @luisma31   the TJ mesh should only be around 1.3amp.   Few 300b's  will be above 1.5a. (generally only the 'super' 300b's that are rated for much higher plate V/ dissipation)    The pre runs the 300b very lightly...