Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
Hi
I would say that Cornwalls are anything but muddy or smeary which makes me question the room and most importantly the gear ahead of them.  I have mine maybe a foot from the rear wall, but they are each about 6 ft from the side walls.  Bass is very tight and fast.  As Oz noted, it probably goes down into the mid 30's with authority.  It is not a perfect speaker by any means, but if it sounded muddy, then the system in front of it had issues, the room had issues, or quite possibly, the speakers were relatively new and didn't have at least 100 hours on them and the woofer surrounds were not loosened up yet.  Not to say you wouldn't prefer some other speaker as we all have our taste, but Cornwall bass is quite fast and tight when all is working.. 
In this room, the Cornwalls were tightly cornered with little to no space between front and side walls. A McIntosh MA352 was the amplification and some streaming/iPad platform was the source. I have the feeling these speakers weren't presented as well as they could have been. 
Well, the amp isn't bad, but not great, and not a good DAC or vinyl ahead of them....  you didn't really hear them.  Too bad
@donsachs Your input, experience, and perspective here is very appreciated. As I'm considering Cornwalls, I see you mention that they're "not a perfect speaker." For the sake of comparison, what would you consider to be closer to "perfect?" I understand that most all speakers have a color of some sort. But by "perfect" do you mean those that measure well? BBC type monitors?

Thanks!
I found that putting them on Herbie’s Giant Gliders really evens out the frequency response and cleans up any muddiness in the upper bass and lower mids. Tiny changes in positioning--like a centimeter or less--in any direction also change the sound to a remarkable degree.

@simao , I think the upshot is that you need to audition in your space, with enough leeway to determine whether you can get them where you want them. The CW4 is an extremely resolving and well-balanced speaker that requires painstaking set up to reveal its capabilities. Dealer auditions will never do.