Older vs. newer REL subs

Looking for any reports about older vs. newer REL subs.

I have a REL 328 (ca. 2013) which I bought used. It's a good sub.

https://www.hifiplus.com/articles/rel-r-328-subwoofer/

I would like to upgrade to stereo subs and I've found (finally) another REL 328 which would match mine. But, before I drop coin on that, I'm wondering if anyone has had experience comparing their older REL with a newer one. What's changed? What's better, worse, or the same? I'm considering the T7x and T9x lines.

Hoping for apples to apples comparisons, vis a vis driver size, type of sub (e.g. level of product line, sealed vs. ported, music vs. HT etc.) but whatever old vs. newer comparison you have much appreciated. 

Thanks.
128x128hilde45
https://rel.net/blog/2019-10-16/principles-of-sound/old-vs-new/

trust folks who care about this subject has seen this ^^^^

of course the answer is predictable, coming from rel marketers :)

grist for the mill, so to speak

i myself cannot be more happy with my two pair of older q150e’s and storm iii’s when needed, to augment proacs quad esl’s spendors
@hilde45 I wasn’t trying to put my spin on the S series and T series uses. When I bought mine from the REL distributor here in Aus, I asked the same question and got the answer I put to you. It would seem that I was misled. So apologies to you, all commentators and to REL.
I still like my S/3s I bought 8 years ago.

AG🇦🇺
I should not have stated “current” in the models as they have obviously changed since I bought my pair. 

It goes to show, if you are going to comment, get it right or there will be an army ready to shoot you down, and not in a nice way either….
@amg -- Thanks for the clarification. I've now heard from two REL dealers that explained why the S series was better but also from another user who's said that a person at REL said that either the 9 or the S would be good.
I think it's typically a no lose situation for a dealer to recommend something higher up the line. They make money and their custoers avoid cognitive dissonance by assuming they're hearing a difference they never really got a chance to test methodically, over time. So, the marketing literature which initially seems like blather can become an important buttress for the customer *after* purchase. 

One thing that keeps me thinking about going somewhere else than REL is the adjustable phase in other subs, such as Rythmik.