Technics SU-R1000 a new Class-D GaN Technology integrated

Maybe one to look out for.

There’s a new approx $10K integrated Class-D from Technics called the SU-R1000 Integrated Amplifier around 22 kg, 150w-8ohm and 300w-4ohms, would have been nice to see what it could do into 2ohms
Said to have many of the GaN Class-D features of the far bigger SE-R1. But nowhere yet can I find if it uses the 1.5mhZ switching frequency that "makes" the SE-R1 what it is.

Also it uses smp power supplies, even though it’s 22kg, Unlike the SE-R1 at some 60Kg because of it linear supplies.
No reviews or measurement tests as yet for this one from Technics

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
Hmmmmm......A Pass preamp (bottom of the line) and last generation Bryston amp......whatever.  Where is the beef?

What about The AGD mono Audion's driven by a super balanced passive pre......now that might be meaningful.
I own an A/B 105lb. amp. I love it, but I don’t have zip against class D newer technology. There are just too many good reviews now saying the sound quality is superb with the tone, color weight, and dynamics, and over-the-top musical. Class D is not the class D from 10 years or so ago, this is like saying Vinyl stills sound like they did in the 1930s, turntables still looked the same, CD still sounds like it did in the early ’80s, no everything new technology improves and digital bashing is no longer justified. As I age my next amp will be Class D, I no longer want to pick up a 105lb amp at some point. Time marches on and new technologies continue to move forward, soon most cars will be battery-powered, can sit and look back but that will not stop where audio is going, and those making Class a or Class A/B amp will soon be making class D amps that sound good, Jeff Rowland for one saw the benefits many years ago. Now Technics, Mola Mola, are making 1st class, class D amps that may take our systems up to a level we never imaged possible. These products are not cheap either and well made. 
Post removed