So you think wire conductors in cables are directional? Think again...

Here is a very relevant discussion among physicists about the directionality...the way signal and electrons should flow... based on conductor orientation. Some esoteric, high-end manufacturers say they listen to each conductor to see which way the signal should flow for the best audio quality.

Read this discussion. Will it make you rethink what you’re being told and sold?

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/is-a-copper-conductor-directional.975195/
edgewound
Let us just say for the sake of argument that you take a look down the street and the car parked a mile away seems to be moving around. Some people look and say no it is so far away I can hardly even tell it is a car. Others look and say not only is it moving around but it is changing shape as I look at it.   

You cannot settle this argument so you enlist a physicist. The physicist explains in no uncertain terms the bonds in metal make it far too rigid to possibly be changing shape. The mass of the car and gravity mean it cannot ever just rise and float above the road. It is impossible. You are imagining. It is all in your head. Someone is selling you snake oil. 

Until a physicist specializing in atmospheric research comes along and says well look, this is all perfectly understandable. The sun heats the road, the warm air rises in currents. Warm air is less dense and so light passing through it is refracted, bent. This perfectly explains what you are seeing.  

The people with poor eyesight, they still see only an unmoving blob where others with sharper vision see clearly a car moving with the heat waves.  

Science does not exist to prove or disprove human experience. Science is nothing more than a method that is has been proven to be the most reliable one for eventually figuring out how the world works.

Please do try and keep these different ideas separate and clear in your mind. If you can just manage to do this one thing it will be amazing how much more clear your understanding of so many things will become over time. Not now, maybe not tomorrow, but gradually over time.
Crap I am in trouble, MC is making sense.. LOL

What he said..

That's a New Zealand term, for "What he Said"

Of course it was 45 years ago..

Heat in the desert, I've seen some pretty wild looking sunsets and sunrises for that matter..
millercarbon9,143 posts05-13-2021 10:33amLet us just say for the sake of argument that you take a look down the street and the car parked a mile away seems to be moving around. Some people look and say no it is so far away I can hardly even tell it is a car. Others look and say not only is it moving around but it is changing shape as I look at it.

You cannot settle this argument so you enlist a physicist. The physicist explains in no uncertain terms the bonds in metal make it far too rigid to possibly be changing shape. The mass of the car and gravity mean it cannot ever just rise and float above the road. It is impossible. You are imagining. It is all in your head. Someone is selling you snake oil.

Until a physicist specializing in atmospheric research comes along and says well look, this is all perfectly understandable. The sun heats the road, the warm air rises in currents. Warm air is less dense and so light passing through it is refracted, bent. This perfectly explains what you are seeing.
This has zero to do with electric current at audio frequencies in a wire. But...it’s typical of overhyped, theoretical fantasies of mind theater interconnects. How does it look to a blind person?

Your analogy is completely irrelevant. Not surprising...at all.
Engineering wise, conductor signal direction makes no sense, especially since we are talking about AC signals that change directions anyway.

However, before anyone says no.  (Which I will quickly as an Electronics/Electrical Engineer), the real test is to hook it up to a signal analyzer, and see if there is a difference.  Then, play a song with the cable in question.  Then reverse the cable and place the same song changing absolutely nothing else.

Blind is better.  If the people in the room and yourself for that matter hear differences, well, there you are.

For Engineers this is a non issue as it doesn't impact what they are designing and using cables for in the first place.  For Audiophiles on the other hand, it is more perceived.

Science is not about perception, it is about repeatable environment and test, to repeat something under the same situation/circumstances/environment.  It is isn't repeatable, it isn't science.  it's magic.

But, I won't say no. I will say, show me.

enjoy