So you think wire conductors in cables are directional? Think again...

Here is a very relevant discussion among physicists about the directionality...the way signal and electrons should flow... based on conductor orientation. Some esoteric, high-end manufacturers say they listen to each conductor to see which way the signal should flow for the best audio quality.

Read this discussion. Will it make you rethink what you’re being told and sold?

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/is-a-copper-conductor-directional.975195/
edgewound
Post removed 
Scientific discussion will not dissuade the "true believers" from their beliefs about qualities they attribute to wire.
Cable companies use clever advertising to prey upon the gullible and insecure to gain marketing advantage!
People with vested interests (manufacturers and customers) have a stake in maintaining their claims that cable A is sonically "better" than cable B - without the validity of proper A/B tests. Like religion their beliefs/claims are entirely fsith-based.
WRT  https://www.nordost.com/faqs-directionality.php

This particular example has nothing to do with directionality - the cable utilizes a floating shield and the end where the shield is connected should be plugged into to a "grounded" component.

Nordost are wrong to use an arrow because they have no idea which component in your system is grounded

In my system 

• my phono stage IS grounded at the mains
  • my Node 2i IS NOT grounded at the mains
So connecting these cables to those two components would have the arrows pointing in opposite directions.

Personally, I have not observed differences in direction of cables when trying this with a new interconnects

But I have observed differences when reversing an IC that has been "broken in" and then reversed.
  • does this mean the wire is directional?
  • or is it the impact of reseating the connectors?
  • the IC resumes its previous characteristics after a couple of days - "reseating"
For me the verdict is still out, but this particular "example" simply demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge on the part of those debating the topic in the "Physics" forum

Sorry - just another opinion