Class D amps that are superior to all or most?

Recently, I have heard about some Class D amps that may be close to the best there is regardless of class. Certainly, this technology has been in development for decades. The main issue has always been the switching power supply. In this regard, I have taken notice of AGD. They have created a whole new power supply that “switches” at a frequency 100 times the normal silicon based MOSFET. The designer uses a gallium nitride based PS. Interesting, it is enclosed in the KT88 glass envelope that sits on top of his amps. I am aware of two more pricey amps that seem to be also at the top- the Solution and the Merrill. There must be others that compete for the title. After my thread, “Is there a SS amp that can satisfy a SET guy?”, I am still on the quest.
Don’t want to spend $50K!
mglik
Challenge your self, nothing I said was aimed at you, yet you took it to heart, wonder why.
I'm not angry George, just disappointed :)   I often heard problems with class D some years back- weak bass and the like as you've described. But it was obvious to me even 10-15 years ago that class D was a tech that was on a research and development sigmoid curve- and a rising star on which we should keep our eyes. I commented on that often on this site in the past. Its now evolved to the point that a good class D amp is a player against any other amplifier technology, and has already eclipsed them.

I certainly don't/can't take it personally since at the very least none of your comments apply to any of Bruno Putzeys' designs (UCD, Hypex or Purifi) nor ours (and probably a few others for that matter).
Good for you Ralph, you need a different income stream direction now, with tubes waning.
I would think there would be less class a solid state amps, than tube amps. Seems like manufacturers are getting away from class a solid state.
Another recommendation for AGD Audions.  They're the best I've heard in my system and bested other Class Ds and a pair of Class A transistor amps.
So, what class D amps have you heard and which Class A transistor amp did the AGD better and in what ways?  Thanks.