New ebay payments require SS#?

I received an email from ebay and they now will deposit your amount from a sale directly into your bank account.  So, they require your routing and account numbers.  But they also required my SS number, which I'm not sure I like.  They say the purpose is to comply with government regulations.  Is there any reason to think they would transmit the amount of your sales to the irs and issue you a 1099?  I only occasionally sell used items on ebay and don't consider any amount I receive to be taxable income.  Thoughts? 
mtrot
@stereo5 That was sarcasm. There are no republicans in Chicago.

Yet you spew a lie as our great mayor has pulled our teeth and then she complains about gang crimes being up.

You can’t have it both ways.

Period. 
@markpao What happens in their process is that you first have to give them your routing number and account number to which you want your payment deposited.  After that, they ask for your SS# and there is a statement that it is required to be in compliance with government regulations.
@deadhead1000 perfect name for you.... like I said it was sarcasm. 

And yes I am police and I know how my underfunded pension works here in Chicago. 
Smoke em if you got em. 

@mtrot  I did initially send them my account number along with routing number. Then the next step they wanted my password to that bank account!. I backed off and never gave it to them. Did you have to give your bank account password?