Dumb question HT bypass

I admit ignorance. How would one configure a HT bypass setup using an AVR and a preamp featuring HY bypass? 
Not that I would.
I would be enamored with a "HT for Dummies" explanation of this voodoo.
128x128fuzztone
The preferred method for HT bypass is to disconnect the AVR and leave it by the curb.
As I understand it, if you send HDMI to a processor or AVR that sends front LR to the by-pass input of a preamp, you're relying on the DAC in the processor, so it better be good.  I use a Bryston SP3, and its DAC appears to be very good.
MC give it reat. Your contribution is totally superficial.. I knew you would not be able to resist your spewing.
I don’t put any countenance in what is preferred by you. Start your own post to repeat your silly mantra. Over and over and over.
If you had bothered reading you would know that mine are NOT connected and many of us enjoy good surround. Not like you.
Wah wah.

dbphd

I think you are correct in that with the normal connections one is not gaining much. Quality in DAC is as important as quality in speakers.
On your AVR , if you have ´´ power out ´´ , to connect the front speakers to another amplifier, ; then you can use a integrated amplifer with HTBP.

When using the AVR,( for movies ,etc ) only the power amp. section of the integrated will be used. This is where the ´´ bypass ´´ takes place.
Center and surrouds speakers will be played by the AVR.Fronts will be played by the integrated.

When using your analog sources,connected to the integrated ; the power amp. and preamp. sections of the integrated will be used.
That way your front speakers are connected to the integrated amplifire.Leaving the front speakers connections of you AVR unused. Only the fronts speakers will be played .

The bypass on the integrated shut down his preamp section.
Other wise , you would have two preamp. fighting each others :
preamp of integrated against the preamp of the AVR

With a HT processor , it is no probleme.
The idea of a HTBP is not to have a better sound with the movies.
It is to have a better sound with your analog gears: turn table, sreamer , tuner, cd player , R2R tape player.
IMO