Heat from amps?

Looking through the forum threads on amplifiers I’ve read posts stating how the Pass Labs x250.8 gets warm enough for the occupants in the room to take notice, along with comments of being thankful for having an air conditioned room. In degrees, how much are we talking about at what levels of volume? I’d like to take all things into consideration while comparing power amplifiers. I have not been playing my Bryston 4B3 demo at loud volumes for long periods of time, but, as of yet, and the heat sinks have only gotten warm to the touch.

update : Keith English at Pass Labs had me call the dealer who I,ports Harbeth. "The 250.8 is too powerful, the XA25.8 is what we recommend." When asked about the XA30.8 I was told there is little difference compared to the XA25.8," and they reiterated the recommendation of the XA25.8 which has more than capable for handling my Harbeth 30.2 XDs. I thought dealers like to up sell? I'm worried about the handling of the bass on the XA25.8.
128x128ctwith3
some dealers have scruples... want the customer to buy the right thing

i will bet its reno hifi.. they are honest and knowledgeable... excellent
You want hot? Try an old krell pure class A amp. Pass runs cold next to those. Pass class A/B do not run hot but warm. You’ll be fine with a 250.8. 
I have a coda amp ,integrated and you have get 3 choices of  power and first watts from 5, 18  and doubles watts down from 8-2 ohms 
with  highest amperage largest potted transformer then Anything in its price class and above 3kva , a true great piece of engineering and bargain.
I have the Pass XA25 and while it gets warm to the touch it does not radiate heat like a tube amp. The XA 25 is a very special amp once you reach 200 hrs.