Hales Transcendence 5 speakers endgame?

I have a pair of Hales Transcendence 5 speakers which I have been enjoying for the past 21 years. I redid the crossovers with high quality parts and put in Seas Millennium tweeters. I recently upgraded my entire system but I am keeping the Hales as I think they sound very nice. I’ve noticed that the Hales stock only have a resale value of a couple of thousand dollars but I don’t see them for sale often. I consider my Hales, especially modded as they are, endgame. Would you agree? Bottom line is that they sound awesome especially with my new digital,amp,preamp and cables.
128x128mitchb
I don’t know what SOTA stands for but in any case I would imagine that audio speaker technology would not have changed that much in the past 20 years. I could be wrong but the tweeters and midrange drivers in my Hales are still current and available in outfits like Madisound. I changed out my tweeters for Seas Millennium which match the midrange drivers which come with the Hales. I don’t know if the woofers are still available but I bought a pair of spare woofers years ago just in case. I also redid my crossovers with better quality parts and rewired them as well. I think my Hales are keepers.
Gents,
Anyone wanting to sell their original Hales T3,T5, T8, TCenter Vifa DG26AG-38-04 tweeters please get in touch. They all used the same tweeter. I rebuild the Vida's buy rewiring the diaphragm if its just voice the coil that burned out. As long as dome and surround are not damaged the repair is much better than any replacement using Madisound soft dome diaphragm or a replacement of tweeter with a different model. Once rebuilt and new ferrofluid added they sound identical to original. I can match impeadence to .2 Ohms of a partner tweeter.

These speakers were carefully voiced and changing the diaphragms or tweeters is going to change the magic these spekers are known for. 

Greg
I remember hearing the Hales 5 at a primarily Thiel dealer back in the day.  We were comparing the 5 to the Thiel CS7.1 and the Hales crushed the Thiel in most respects on that day.  It was all I could do to keep my wallet in my pocket.  I've thought over the years that the 5 was the one that got away.  Congratulations for capturing one!
I just got my Hales T5’s back from repair and tuning and they measure very well. More to the point they sound awesome. They are the only component I didn’t upgrade. The Hales are definitely keepers.

Yeah the T5s I had were plenty awesome.   Super clean, clear, relaxed, dynamic, huge soundstage and killer imaging.   Really close to endgame speaker for me.