Which CD with Volume control up to $3500

Yes, sorry, maybe post here many times, but I want a CD player to drive Parasound JC1 direct without preamp.

I hear Consonance get good reveiw driving direct, and only $2500 on AG. Also Aero Capitole get good review as CD but not sure about direct drive amp.

What options does a poor camel trader have?

PW
punkawalla
I compared the Opus to the Waida Stock 861 and the Wadia was my favorite. The Opus is very dynamic and sounds really good but the Wadia was better. The Opus also need a better power cord to compare. That being said, I think the Cap MKII is slightly above the $3500 limit. The suggestion for the modified 850 sounds like a reall good option as does the Bon Mod Sony.

Happy Listening.
I own the Opera Audio Consonance Reference 2.2 and am very pleased with its build, sound, and looks. These are available on A'gon used for <= $1K, making it an awesome bang for your buck. However, I listen to most of my music (jazz, acoustic, vocal) via the balanced circuit, which bypasses the volume control. I actually prefer the sound of the unbalanced (awesome cymbal decay and vocals quality), except some of the hi-end definition seems to be missing in this mode.